Our Board meetings were in Executive Session until March. Board meetings are held on second Mondays of each month, are now open to the public are listed with the location on our Events page. We are also coordinating a working committee with mountain bike representatives from various mountain bike, trails and general cycling interests organizations in Pittsburgh. Our agendas listed below will show you what we’re working on for the time being, so you can send any of our Board members requests or information for our meeting. This organization is about mountain biking, you represent us and we represent you.
UPCOMING OPEN BOARD MEETING:
March 12, 2012 6-8pm at Big Idea Bookstore 4812 Liberty Ave. Pittsburgh, PA
1) Board Reports – up to 5 min each
2) Proposals – up to 5 min ea (vote = action, timeline, budget) *Eryn – Use Big Idea during non-biz hours and accept sponsorship for meetings.
3) Next Meeting location, date, time
4) Round Robin – up to 10 minutes total (non-Board member discussion, announcements)
PAST AGENDAS (complete minutes on file, available at meetings)
13 February, 2012 6-8pm
In attendance: Eryn Hughes, President and Executive Director; Alicia Mathers, Visual
Communications Director; Greta Daniels, Funding and Events Organizer; and Lucia Aguirre,
Educational Outreach Director
1) Board Reports (you can summarize your recent actions, upcoming stuffs, etc.) – up to 5 min
- Eryn – ideas: ray’s date night, women’s bike safety workshop ,
- women’s trailside bike repair dates via REI, women’s mtb skills series, trail adoption, structure chart
- Alicia – poll reports.
- Greta – RTAP fund-raising report. T-shirts order and budget. Bike
- Pgh’s Pedal Pgh event collab?
- Lucia – Membership survey, database. google calender.
2) Specific Proposals
- Alicia: Facebook Consolidation. Public Board member updates. Next Nightvision.
- Greta: Velomuse Spinning Nights. T-shirt sales method.
- Lucia: Flock partnership.
- Eryn: – IMBA parternship. PGH MTB subcomm/working group. Doodle Polls for availability.
3) Next Meeting location, date, time.
4) Round Robin
1) Board Reports (you can summarize your recent actions, upcoming stuffs, etc.) – up to 5 min each
2) Specific Proposals (this is numbers and voting oriented, please bring cost impact and anticipate questions with referral materials for everyone, each item will require motion, second and then more than 50% vote)- up to 10 min each
- Alicia: Facebook Consolidation
- Greta: Velomuse Spinning Nights, Race to Anyplace, Pedal Pittsburgh
- Lucia: Calendar at-large key events/organizing, Next monthly trip to Rays? Start member listings? Outreach new membership?
- Eryn: funding for website, insurance, IMBA parternship
1) Velomuse event planning strategy and mission,
2) Board of Directors roles and responsibilities
a. Terms of membership
3) Funding and 501c3 partnerships,
4) When and where the next meeting will be.
- Homewood Bike Park, coming soon!
- Public Board meetings commence Monday April 16th
- Women’s Weekend: Gravity Camps at Snowshoe
- Call to action: Trail Day in Frick Park 4/1
- Velomuse Nightvision Project
- Velomuse Vixens Ride Again!
- Women’s MTB repair class – information now available online
- Ray’s Indoor Mountain Bike Park is back, with new recruits!
- Report (Trail and Race): Ohiopyle Super D
- Top 10 things MEN can do to support Women’s Cycling
- Snapshot 5: Land Manager Round Table & Trail Successes in the Mid-Atlantic @IMBA Summit
- Snapshot Recap 4: Capacity Building 101 @ IMBA Mid Atlantic Summit
- Snapshot Recap 3: Diversity Builds Strength; Women and Mountain Biking @ IMBA Mid-Atlantic Summit
- Snapshot Recap 2: Youth Mountain Biking Opportunities @ IMBA Mid-Atlantic Summit
- Snapshot Recap 1: IMBA Club Care @ Mid Atlantic Summit
- Report: IMBA Mid-Atlantic Regional Summit 2011
- Exploring the Ghost Town Trail
- Call to Action – register for National Bike Summit 2011!
- Cycling in Copenhagen – a test of ideals
- DNS/DFL vs. DNF/DQ
- Dr. J Trail Opening Gala and PTAG Appreciation Day on Saturday
- Interview with IMBA Mid-Atlantic Regional Director
- Charlotte’s Portland to California Bike-touring Adventure
- Velomuse, Koeles and Ibis & the Danger Twins’ CX Clinic 10/14
- Car-Free Friday in South Side!
- Velomuse and Koeles Cycling Club CX Clinic
- Favorite thing #8: Unseamly Creations hip bag
- Favorite thing #7: Peppers Sunglasses
- Favorite thing #6: Keen Commuter Sandals
- Favorite thing #5: Ergon Grips
- Favorite thing #4: Polar Bottle
- Favorite thing #3: Jeff Guerrero Ceramics
- Favorite thing #2: Free Wheel Coffee
- Favorite thing #1: Sheila Moon Lingerie Liner
- BikeFest 2010 Recap
- Velomuse Youth Bike Rodeo
- New Velomuse Community Development Events
- Book Review: the handsomest man in cuba, an escapade by Lynette Chiang
- Car Free Fridays Builds Momentum on its 2nd Month this year!
- Recap: National Bike Rally Albuquerque, NM
- Ladies’ Summer Solstice Gala Road Ride
- The ‘Rippin Gypsy’ to Ride Through the Burgh with a BMX!
- Frick Park Trail Workshop
- Recap: Velomuse Bike Rodeo, @ventureoutdoors Festival
- Support: High School Student tours the country by bicycle!
- Gravity East Series #2 at Seven Springs, June 12-13
- Women’s Intro to (road)Bike Racing
- BTWD: May 21, VO Fest: May 22
- Car Free Fridays’ Kickoff 21st of MAY, 2010
- PA Walks and Bikes Summit recap
- PTAG recruits Frick Park Steward Team
- Commuting Miles Contest
- May is National Bike Month
- Velomuse Event Series 2010
- Trek Dirt Series Spring 2010
- NEW Gary Fisher Automatic FashionBike Generator
- IMBA Trail Care Crew in Pittsburgh
- Women’s Cycling Issues
- Speak up and make a difference
- Highland Park Trail Day: Sunday March 21
- Junior Devo Program launches tomorrow
- Recommended Reading: Starting Junior Cycling Clubs
- PA Walks and Bikes Summit
- Bicycling Directions gadget – get one for your page!
- Update: National Bike Summit 2010
- National Bike Summit 2010
- Velomuse Junior Development Club
- Cycling Education Lecture Series
- Study about women’s blogs
- Snowed In – Black and Goldsprints (Pittsburgh)
- Daily Photograph Project
- Annual Bike Mileage Contest
- Personal Fulfillment in Cycling
- Pennsylvania High School MTB!!
- Cycling as Meditation: the 8 fold path
- Profile: Barb Howe
- Profile: Cathy Haagen-Smit
- Profile: Dawn Lovejoy
- Profile: Kathie Reid
- Profile: Aviva Prager
- Profile: Michelle Johnson
- Profile: Rebecca Rusch
- Bike commuting as a lifestyle in Pittsburgh?
- Pittsburgh Bike Polo
- Single Speed World Championships 2009
- Lance on fixed gear?
- More bikes events coming to Pittsburgh…
- More cool community support for the outdoors!
- Culture Shock
- When we are Looking for riding inspiration
- Upon closer inspection – social climate observations
- Bike Sharing Pilot Program in San Francisco
- New group making waves with SF Bike Access
- Surviving the Grips of Fear
- Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon!
- Bootleg loses trailbuilder
- Bike Lane Projector Liberates All
- Nationwide Transportation Changes Afoot
- The Art of learning to ride a bike
- SF MTA approves bike lane changes
- Creative Customization
- Bike Park fans continue to grow in SF
- USA Cycling MTB National Gravity Calendar 2009
- Vocalizing Bike Access
- East Bay MTB tour – Route Sheet
- My dream. Bike manual master. (*^_^*) 1、Time is necessary to chase a dream、
- Dreams Stolen – Downhill Race Bikes
- Stienstra’s New Year’s Resolution
- SFUR Trailwork Day
- Economic Effect on Bike Industry
- Tabloid: London-style congestion charge for SF?
- “Bike to Work” book
- Action: NPS proposal includes mountain bike access
- Introducing the Commuter Phenom
- 2009 Bike Review
- History of Mountain Biking – an academic approach
- Trail Maintenance Coordinator position opening
- Environmental Internship Opportunity
- SF Urban Riders Youth Bike Skills in GGP – Pilarcitos CX Race 2008
- Santa Cruz auction to benefit SBTS!
- Snow in the East Bay Hills
- What is “trail”?
- Seasonal Bike art
- Turning Wheels for Kids
- Some tips for new riders…
- Close Moon
- Santa Cruise ride with Jacquie P
- Supercat Alleymarket race
- Rickshaw Holiday party this Thursday
- Santa Cruz Favorites
- The Story of Stuff
- More updates on the Tour
- Exclusive Interview with Klunker Bill
- FLOATIN – Allout Productions
- Bikes on BART?
- Introducing the “Bike to Work Pant”
- Letters to the Editor…
- Healthy Living through the Holidays
- `Echange d’Information
- something a little cooler
- a mayor that supports cycling?
- top 10 reasons why I ride
- Appetite Seminar must go on
- One woman making big strides for mountain biking…
- The Way Bobby Sees It
- picking an alternate line
- SF Flow – history in the making!
- velomuse prediction
- pixie cross or bike polo?
- THE Sheila Moon Holiday Sale and Party
- moonlit singletrack
- what is this sf flow thing?
- NorCal Bike Swap
- Cyclefest 2008
- Tara Llanes Road to Recovery Fundraiser
- BTCEB Gala ride
- inspired young cyclist tackles the climb
- World Anti-Doping Changes Webinar!
- SF Urban Riders growing every day…
- T4K Goes International!
- Tour of CA 2009 – Santa Cruz Boardwalk finish!
- Measure WW has passed!!
- Junior Girls’ MTB Camp
- Do zines have birthdays? Trivia!
- these bushings hate me.
- Rickshaw Bagworks Infiltration
- Gadgets and Gizmos Galore
- Fundraiser for the High School Kids!
- Does the election affect cyclists?
- Honoring Women in the Outdoors Industry
- OIWC Recap
- Irony in nature
- thoughts on trail design
- Pilarcitos CX at McLaren Park
- audio cave.
- Giving Pause to Accepting Success
- reality on the sweet singletrack
- Dirt Rag gets a Lifestyle.
- Bailout gives tax break to bicycle commuters article in SF Gate
- Blue Paparazzi Investigate Celebrity Sightings!!
- Cyclocross Tire Review
- Leadership Development links
- when was the last time you used a pen for change?
- comment tally from petition
- Bike Calculator