also know as Things You Wouldn’t Assume.
1) wear a helmet that fits snug, starting over your eyebrows.
2) mind your riding tools on every ride: allen set, pump, patch kit, tire levers, tube.
3) put rain jacked in large mouth water bottle and use shower cap over helmet when raining
4) wear socks with flat seams, made out of wool or synthetic material. cotton is rotten.
5) eat carbohydrates within 30 minutes of ending your ride.
6) don’t wear underwear under your riding shorts, but use chamois cream (or noxema) instead.
7) use front (white) and rear (red) lights as early as dusk
8 ) check your tire pressure and chain cleanliness weekly (use one of the old mismatched socks from your laundry machine)
9) always bring water and a banana or apple.
10) tell yourself “keys, id, money”, as you leave the house.